This portable optical power meter may be used to measure optical power (dBm) in premises, telco, or broadband fiber optic networks. When used with an LED or laser light source, the OPM1 can also measure the attenuation (insertion loss) of multimode or single-mode cables.
With only two controls – ON/OFF and wavelength – the OPM1 is our simplest to use optical power meter. Optical power in dBm and the calibration wavelength setting are displayed on an easy-to-read LCD display. The optical input port accepts Noyes thread-on style connector adapter caps. Adapter caps are required and must be ordered separately.
The OPM1 is fully N.I.S.T. traceable and runs on a standard 9-volt alkaline battery.
• 850, 1300, 1310, 1550 nm
• Premises (Ge) and broadband (InGaAs) models
• Displays optical power (dBm)
• Our simplest to use optical power meter
• N.I.S.T traceable
• The OPM 1-2C is calibrated at 850, 1300, 1310, and 1550 nm for testing LAN, Ethernet, FDDI, Token Ring, and single-mode fiber systems such as Telco, WAN, and CATV.
• The OPM 1-3C also operates at 850, 1300, 1310, and 1550 nm but offers greater temperature stability needed for outside plant 1550 nm testing as with WAN, CATV, and Telco systems.