The OPM5 from AFL Telecommunications is a full-featured, handheld optical power meter designed for measuring optical power in Premises, Telco, or Broadband networks and for performing insertion loss measurements on multimode or single-mode fiber optic links.
The OPM5 features automatic wavelength identification and switching (Wave ID) when used with Noyes OLS series light sources, multiple test Tone detection for fiber identification, and stores optical references for each calibrated wavelength and up to 500 records per wavelength of power or insertion loss measurements. Using the supplied Windows® compatible software and USB connection, test records are transferred to a PC for analysis, printing, and storage. A large dual-wavelength LCD display with backlight shows measured power [dBm or µW] or insertion loss [dB], calibrated wavelengths [nm], tone signal [Hz], wavelength ID, and estimated remaining battery life.
The OPM5 optical input port accepts a variety of Noyes thread-on style adapter caps (ordered separately) to meet a wide range of testing requirements. The OPM5 offers a five-minute auto-off feature and long battery life from common AA alkaline batteries with external AC adapter available as an option.
The OPM5 is fully N.I.S.T. traceable.
• Handheld, rugged, lightweight
• Multimode or single-mode applications
• Wave ID (auto identification & switching)
• Multiple-wavelength testing
• 270Hz, 330Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz Tone detection
• Large LCD with backlight
• Power measurements in dBm or µW; insertion loss in dB
• Reference power level storage
• Up to 500 records per wavelength storage
• USB port for download of stored records
• Windows® compatible software to view, print, and archive stored records
• Automatic power-off function
• Battery gauge
• Long battery life with 2 x AA alkaline, optional AC adapter
• N.I.S.T traceable
• Premises (Ge), Telco (InGaAs), and Broadband (+26 dBm) models
• Passive Optical Networks (PON) testing