The SLP5 triple wavelength single-mode test kits are available in two models, SLP5-FTTH and SLP5-7. The SLP5-FTTH and SLP5-7 model combine the OPM5-4D optical power meter and either OLS7-FTTH (1310/1490/1550 nm) or OLS7-3 (1310/1550/1625 nm) LASER source respectively.
The OLS7-FTTH and OLS7-3 feature a triple wavelength LASER output from a single port and are easy to operate. Each wavelength may be transmitted individually at CW or with user selectable modulated Tone. Also, each wavelength may be transmitted with Wave ID. When transmitting with Wave ID, the OLS7 will also support transmitting pairs of wavelengths in an alternating pattern and triple wavelengths in a sequential pattern. Associated with each operating condition, the designated LED indicator will illuminate to identify the currently enabled operating mode and emitted wavelength wavelength(s) along with battery charge status and external power presence. The OLS7-FTTH & OLS7-3 output ports are equipped with UCI based removable adapters to allow the output connectors to be inspected and cleaned.
The OPM5-4D features automatic wavelength identification and switching (Wave ID) when used with the OLS7, multiple test Tone detection for fiber identification, and stores optical references for each calibrated wavelength. A large dual-wavelength LCD display with backlight shows measured power [dBm or µW] or insertion loss [dB], calibrated wavelengths [nm], tone signal [Hz], wavelength ID, and estimated remaining battery life. The OPM5-4D optical input port accepts a variety of Noyes thread-on style adapter caps (ordered separately) to meet a wide range of testing requirements.
The OPM5-4D and OLS7 offer long battery life from common AA alkaline batteries with external AC adapter available as an option. The SLP5-FTTH and SLP5-7 test kits are fully N.I.S.T. traceable
• Handheld, rugged, lightweight
• Wave ID (auto identification & switching)
• Triple, dual, or single Wave ID, CW, Tone
• 270 Hz, 330 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz Tone
• Large LCD with backlight (OPM5-4D)
• Power measurements in dBm or µW; insertion loss in dB
• Reference power level storage
• Up to 500 test records per wavelength storag
• USB port for download of stored records
• Windows® compatible software to view, print, and archive stored records
• Low battery indicator
• Long battery life with 2 x AA alkaline, optional AC adapter
• Cost-effective, easy to use
• N.I.S.T traceable
• Passive Optical Networks (PON) testing
• Certify single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
• Fiber identification prior to splicing